Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Valid Patch

Timekiller

I am working on the Cooper face project and am having some trouble with valid patches. I have looked over the Giraffe project and think i am starting to have a better understanding. However, I am running into a few patches that are not working and I am not sure why. If anyone can explain it would be a big help.

post-11794-1265758587_thumb.jpg

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well, looks like you got a five-pointer, so what you need to do, is SHIFT+Select those five CPs, then hit the period button twice (just to be sure it works). The in your toolbar on the right, there should be a button that's lit up near the bottom, and it's the Five-Point Patch tool

• Hash Fellow

TAoA:M says:

To create a 5-point patch, you must select the five corners of the patch. Use the Lasso group tool, or simply click each control point while holding down the key. The "make 5-point patch" button on the modeling toolbar will become active when all five points have been selected. Simply click the button to make the five points become a valid patch.

That's a lot more specific than just something about the shift key. That IS how to make a 5 point patch.