Battling the blank page

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

That's a fun looking test. Looks like you got the live and CG pretty much in synch.

I'm wondering if the shadowless live footage is making the composite harder or easier to make convincing. Tricky.

You might try some squares of stiff Simcloth and blow those around with "forces". that might get you a more realistic paper appearance, maybe.

That's a fun looking test. Looks like you got the live and CG pretty much in synch.

I'm wondering if the shadowless live footage is making the composite harder or easier to make convincing. Tricky.

You might try some squares of stiff Simcloth and blow those around with "forces". that might get you a more realistic paper appearance, maybe.

In truth I think the sync was more luck, I had a few glitches at first so the easiest method was to add the paper to the swarm after I had the movement in place.

Out of habit I turn off shadows as my old computer took a long time to render, I need to start practicing with them since this computer can handle these things. Also I will try out the Simcloth some time.

that's very interesting. I never really took a look at the swarming and flocking and things, like how versatile is it? is it something you could make to have an army approach or something?

Yeah you can use the crown to make an army or place shrubs around (as the manual suggested).