Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

constrait problems

sir fen the usa

so i have a model of a horse and a sled. i want the sled to be connected or follow behind the horse as if the horse was pulling it. ive put a bone on the yoke and a bone for the sled. the sled seed to be find on its own as far bending and turning. i tried to constraint the yoke to the horse but the yoke separates on the path and sticks with the horse leaving the sled behind. i can constraint the whole sled with the horse but it seem a bit stiff as the horse turns on the path. any ideas on how to use the constraints to look more life like?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, this is not to difficult.

Use an "aim at" constraint on the yoke to the quad torso bone of the horse. Then constrain the horse to the path with a path constraint and constrain the sleigh to the same path using a path constraint. Set the ease of the path constraint on the horse so it is in the correct position infront of the sleigh on frame 0. Then on the last frame set the path constraint ease on the horse to 100%, then set the path ease of the sleigh to 100% MINUS the ease set on the horse on frame 0.

Hope that makes sense. If no,t I'll set the project up and post it here.

Ok, this is not to difficult.

Use an "aim at" constraint on the yoke to the quad torso bone of the horse. Then constrain the horse to the path with a path constraint and constrain the sleigh to the same path using a path constraint. Set the ease of the path constraint on the horse so it is in the correct position infront of the sleigh on frame 0. Then on the last frame set the path constraint ease on the horse to 100%, then set the path ease of the sleigh to 100% MINUS the ease set on the horse on frame 0.

Hope that makes sense. If no,t I'll set the project up and post it here.

great. ill see if i can do it. ill post the results here.

thanks

I wouldn't. You can experiment with the placement of the model bone (black bone in modeling window), closer to the front of the model will give the illusion of the backend sliding more. You will have to adjust the ease of the constraints if you go this route.