sprockets Making and Using Drop-On Poses TinkeringGnome's Atomic Rings PRJ 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Install CD Required?

Jumbotuna

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the copy protection. Instead of adding another $100 dollars to the cost of the program for a hardware dongle, you just have to place the CD in your drive. Once AM starts, you can take it out if you want.

The easiest way is to cannibalize the CD drive from one of your old computers and install it in your current computer. That way, you can just leave the AM CD in the drive.

Copy protection is needed. It isn't optional.

It's the copy protection. Instead of adding another $100 dollars to the cost of the program for a hardware dongle, you just have to place the CD in your drive. Once AM starts, you can take it out if you want.

The easiest way is to cannibalize the CD drive from one of your old computers and install it in your current computer. That way, you can just leave the AM CD in the drive.

Please don't bitch about copy protection. It is needed.

First, thank you for the answer and advice.

Second, what's with the attitude? I haven't "bitched" about anything, I merely asked a question.

• Hash Fellow
Why is A:M forcing me to have the install CD in the drive to run the program after I've installed it?

As a bonus, with the CD version you can install A:M on several machines. At work, at home, or you could have several rendering simultaneously.

I'm sorry. I edited my post after you read it. It isn't personal jumbotuna. It's my issue. It isn't yours. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

No problem HomeSlice. I've just never run into this particular method of copy protection before. Although it is simple, I worry about the wear and tear on the drive and the disk itself from all of the handling. Unfortunately, I just gave away my only "old" computer, so I'll just have to wait for a spare drive to fall into my hands before I implement your suggestion.