sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Brand new to everything

tracester

hey guys, i am brand new to everything, it's been helpful to me to read your back and forth.

I've been looking for something really basic to start with.

i actually bought the Hash CD at comicon a few years ago, but was too busy with work to attempt to learn it.

can anyone tell me the major advantages to the current version versus 2005 (v.12)?

i figure i could use what i have to learn the basics(it sure seems powerful enough to me)

and then upgrade when i hopefully know what i'm doing.

thanks!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

Welcome to A:M!

v12 is pretty good. There have been quite a few bug fixes and some interesting rendering features added, but the program still looks very much the same in operation.

The biggest change since V12 is that the file formats have changed so that anything saved from V13 or later will not load in V12 or earlier. So you may run into situations where a model or PRJ you find on this forum wont' load in your A:M.

But you can still do all of TAoA:M and see how it's done in the video versions and you can still show your work on the forum too.

And anything you make in V12 will still be loadable when you upgrade to a newer version.

thanks for the heads up!

really appreciate it. in fact, i have already run into the loading issue, but didn't realize that was what the problem was. thanks. and thanks to whoever moved the thread out of the other topic, i had already posted before i realized i was so off-topic.

Welcome to A:M!

v12 is pretty good. There have been quite a few bug fixes and some interesting rendering features added, but the program still looks very much the same in operation.

The biggest change since V12 is that the file formats have changed so that anything saved from V13 or later will not load in V12 or earlier. So you may run into situations where a model or PRJ you find on this forum wont' load in your A:M.

But you can still do all of TAoA:M and see how it's done in the video versions and you can still show your work on the forum too.

And anything you make in V12 will still be loadable when you upgrade to a newer version.