Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Help with importing objects

Hiroshi01

Hi All,

I have had Animation Master for a while now but I haven't really done anything with it so I am still just a newbie. What I would like to do is import some objects from DAZ 3D, Poser and AC3D and a few others. What I need to know is, is this possible? If so, how do I do it? And finally, what control will I have over them? Ideally, I would like to scale them and move them within 3D space. For example, take a imported box and have it fly across a room and bounce off a wall.

Any help with this will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hiroshi01

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

Almost none of those objects will be suitable candidates for importing into A:M because A:M models are made from carefully arranged splines and patches which are VERY different from the polygons those other models are made of.

you can RMB in a model window>plugin>import to try. Typically they take very long to import.

But if you are new to A:M you won't be up to speed on the extensive editing those models will need to be made right for use in A:M. The best models for A:M are models made in A:M.

I would like to scale them and move them within 3D space. For example, take a imported box and have it fly across a room and bounce off a wall.

If you only need to move an object in a chor and not rig it or edit it, you can also RMB on the Objects folder>Import>Prop to import a poly model. These will import faster and look better than a model imported into an A:M model window.