sprockets Live Answer Time Demo Tinkering Gnome's Sparkler PRJ Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

making tracks

Master chief

all right my first real movie has hit a bit of a problem , i have one part where for lack of a better word a motor cycle jumps off a hill and lands in some sand causing a track and a bit of a indent , only problem is the sand itself is a pretty basic flat plane with the texture on it , is there a way that an object in the way of the indent i would want could push the surface into the shape i want with out remodeling the ground ?

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't want to create a muscle pose for the ground to create an indent, then your best option is to apply a displacement map at the place on the ground model where the motorcycle makes contact.

After you apply the displacement map,create a new percentage pose for the ground model.

When you create a new pose for the ground, a new temporary action will also be created in the container in the PWS.

In that new temporary action, click the "show more than drivers" icon beside the model shortcut.

Then drill down until you find the properties for the displacement map.

Set the Pose slider to 0 and set the "Percentage" property on the displacement map to "0".

Set the Pose slider to 100 and set the "Percentage" property on the displacement map to "100" - or whatever you want the maximum percentage to be.

Don't forget to close the Pose window when you are done.