sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

kicking in the turbo

Master chief

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok it has dawned on me that for some reason AM is currently using only one of my cores on my quad core machine , is there a way to tell AM to use other cores to speed up its rendering time or is it just set to 1 for a reason .

You know that software has to be programmed in a special way to use more than one core, right? A:M had / has the abillity to use more than one core for rendering, but it wasnt working for all people.

What is working for all people is to open A:M several times and render with that.

This will give you approximatly 3,5 - 3,7 times faster renderings than only with one core.

You can activate more than one core-rendering with one instance too in the Registery by manually setting the thread there, but I wouldnt recommend that. It is slower and more trouble than using several instances of A:M. I recommend to use only n-1 cores so. (3 in your case) That will make the system more stable.

Just open up 3-4 instances of A:M and you should get what you are asking for.

*Fuchur*