sprockets Live Answer Time Home Page Featured Free Models spotlight Rigged Spider Tinkering Gnome's Workshop
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Starting an action late/looping it

danf

I'm working on a shot where a driver is seen from the front of their car.

I've added subtle shakes, which have added a lot, but I definitely need objects to zoom by. I'm not a stickler for their non-uniformity (we can pass systematically placed palm trees for all I care), but I've encountered a problem:

The first passing tree was nice. The second one I set up to complete the same distance in the given time, and then dragged its keyframes forward in the project workspace. Now it DOES pass by later, but during the time before its first keyframe, it appears stationary at (0,0,0).

This is obviously unacceptable. What am I missing here?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow
Now it DOES pass by later, but during the time before its first keyframe, it appears stationary at (0,0,0).

Sounds like you moved the red bar of the action so that it no longer starts at 00:00. Select it and stretch the beginning back to the start. An action is only active in the time that its red bar covers.