sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Adjusting Keyframe timing

danf

Once I've created the "poses" involved, the biggest factor becomes timing. Of course, sometimes I didn't make keyframes where they belong. This results in a lot of selecting all the body-part keyframes down a particular frame, and then moving them.

But my monitor isn't big enough to make "selecting all the different body parts' keyframes" into a graceful motion. There's a lot of scrolling involved to even reveal all the keyframes at a given frame!

Is there an easier way to distort an object or project's timing?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It sounds like you are asking two or three different questions.

You can zoom in and out of the timeline by clicking in it and either using the mouse wheel or by pressing [Z] and dragging left or right.

You can fit all keyframes in the window by clicking in the timeline and pressing [shift-Z]

You can create keyframes where you need them by pressing the "Key Model" button at the bottom of the main program window, moving the time marker to the desired time, and hitting the "Make Keyframe" button.

If you can afford a cheap second monitor, it is well worth it. My PWS fills up one monitor and I do my modeling and animating in another monitor.

• Hash Fellow
But my monitor isn't big enough to make "selecting all the different body parts' keyframes" into a graceful motion. There's a lot of scrolling involved to even reveal all the keyframes at a given frame!

1) If you un-expand the "bones" folder it will present all keyframes on a single line for easy selecting and moving.

2) vid on keyframing that shows how to avoid unnecessary "Whole Model" keyframes:

http://www.hash.com/two/RCHolmen/KeyFrameOptionsMP4.mov