sprockets Live Answer Time Home Page Featured Free Models spotlight Rigged Spider Tinkering Gnome's Workshop
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Simcloth Experiment

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm currently working on a short film that will be used on a game I am currently working on. I've attached a short clip with Simcloth simulated. You can see the issues I'm having and would like anyone with experience to give me some pointers.

At the start of the simulation you need to bring the cloth away from the deflector-surface. That means: The legs cant intercept with the cloth at the beginning.

You can handle that by starting the simulation at for example frame 0, and leaving the character in the T-Pose at frame 0.

Till frame 30 (depending on your pose), the character can start with his animation. Now simulate SimCloth. You dont have to render the 30 frames you dont need, but they will leave time for the simulation.

A nice plugin that can help you to start with the right distance between cloth and deflector is steffens new "Resurface"-Plugin.

Steffen's Website

*Fuchur*