Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Forward Kinematics

In some of the 'given' rigs I notice there is often a 'switch' or pose to change between forward and Inverse Kinematic linkage on a model ?

i'm using my own setup ( too basic to call it a rig ) just simple bones with points assigned.

The default seems to be that it becomes an IK system ?

Is there a way to have the joints of the torso on forward while retaining the IK on the legs and arms. Or to be able to switch between one and the other?

regards

simon

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow
In some of the 'given' rigs I notice there is often a 'switch' or pose to change between forward and Inverse Kinematic linkage on a model ?

i'm using my own setup ( too basic to call it a rig ) just simple bones with points assigned.

This is really the worst way to animate. Simple bones are not easily controlled enough for real posing.

TSM2 for A:M is free now and as easy to install as simple bones. If you're on a PC there's a download in the rigging forum.

Don't spend any more time fighting a non-rig.

The default seems to be that it becomes an IK system ?

A:M bones can work either way. Is is possible to lead a chain of bones around by the tip of the last one.

you can also make them move in FK by choosing the base of your chain, hit R and using the rotate manipulator rings to turn it.

Is there a way to have the joints of the torso on forward while retaining the IK on the legs and arms. Or to be able to switch between one and the other?

In TSM2 if you wanted an FK spine you could choose "Dont' rig" for the spine at the last step of the TSM2 process.

TSM2 for A:M is free now and as easy to install as simple bones. If you're on a PC there's a download in the rigging forum.

Don't spend any more time fighting a non-rig.

Thank you very much for your response. I bought TSM when it first came out but it had slipped my memory because it was on another machine ( don't ask ! )

I will try the download.

Thank you.

Simon