Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Pre-made Actions and choreography actions

I made an action in an action window and applied it to my character in the middle of a choreography with other animation leading up to it. The action didn't work properly. It sorts of spazed out. Any help would be very much appreciated.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

I think you'll have to embed and share the project file.

Mostly what you are going to get here are guesses.

When you say 'the action didn't work properly'... what did it do? What was it suppose to do?

Exactly how did it spaze out?

When you created the action did you use your character while creating the action?

If the character fully boned/rigged?

We'll need more info (or the project file) in order to be able to see what is happening on your end.

About the only advice to give at this point is to 'try, try again'.

The action was a backflip. I tested it in an action window and a choreography window without preceding action and it worked perfectly. However, when I put it in the chor with action in it already only the hips rotated, the feet and arms didn't move. As you can imagine this created a strange movement. I did use my own character. It is fully rigged with the 2001 skeleton. Here is my project.

ninja_takes_down_samurai.prj.zip

• Admin

Before you save the project for sharing you'll want to select 'embed all' from the Project menu.

This will save all the models, actions, materials and such (not the images) in the Project.

If you only want to share parts of the Project then you can delete or substitute as needed.

Note: Do not do this with your original file... rather do this as a means of backup. You may not want to embed everything in your original file.

Without having the Action or Model with the project I'm going to guess you have to adjust the Actions properties under the Choreography. Right now the Action may be set to 'Replace' where you will want it to "Add' or "Blend".

Still guessing here but we are closing in on the solution slowly but surely. :)

• Admin
I fixed my problem. It had to do with the blend percentages of the action and choreography. Thanks for the help.

Outstanding news.

Someone who is reading this topic right now doesn't know it yet but they are about to be thanking you. Because you posted your problems here you've answered their questions about Actions too. :)