Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

how to atach

hi im trying to make my first model. well i got so far through the first attempt when a m crashed and i lost it ( i save regulery now lol) so i have tryed a different aproach to it and am wondering. how would i atach a many splined face to a not so many splined head.

and also how i take model fiels and put them into a m

post-11844-1208174852_thumb.jpg

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Hash Fellow
hi im trying to make my first model. well i got so far through the first attempt when a m crashed and i lost it ( i save regulery now lol) so i have tryed a different aproach to it and am wondering. how would i atach a many splined face to a not so many splined head.

Short answer... you use "hooks" (covered in TaoA:M booklet) to go from dense to light meshes. Have you done all the modeling exercises in TaoA:M? You'd have the answer to this question already.

Probably just as easy to continue modeling the face to include a back of the head

and also how i take model fiels and put them into a m
a non-A:M model? in a new model window righ-click>wizards>import. Most non-A:M models are poor candidates for importing, however.

no i mean a a m file that i want to put into am

Same answer: Right click, import model, select AM model.

If you import this way into an open model window the mesh and bones are imported "inside" that model and there is no eternal link.

If you right click on the objects folder and import a model it loads the model as a new model "object" and is linked to the model selected.

p.s. I agree with the others, do all the tutorials. So many of these basic questions are answered.

-vern