sprockets Making and Using Drop-On Poses TinkeringGnome's Atomic Rings PRJ 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Invisible stamps

PaulX

Here's a good one. I'm building a model of a house that has a corrugated iron roof. Part of the roof is orientated say north/south and the other east/west. I applied to the entire roof decals that mimic corrugated iron sheets and in 'shaded' mode all the stamps (approx 50 in number) are visible. I then open a choreography and import the model, set the camera, lighting, etc and do a quick render (Q + click in the window) and find the stamps on the east/west section have disappeared. The only difference between the two main sections of roof is that the east/west section being made of three adjoining surfaces angled differently, I had to hide two while applying decals so as not to have sheets of corrugated iron 'bent' around a corner but rather cut to shape as it would be in reality. Feeling this process of hiding and un-hiding surfaces may be the problem I cleared all decals and then applied a single one to the east/west section without hiding any part of the model and, it was visible both in shaded mode and quick render. My next step will be to break up the east/west part of the roof into three separate sections, the north/south is two separate sections, and try again but it's interesting that what is visible in shaded mode can disappear when rendered.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days