Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Question about modelling!

8imon

Hello, im very new to animation master, but unfortunately not new to 3D modelling, and I now what lacks on animation master :/

I have finished most parts of my 3d Tyrannosaurus rex BUT, I can't find any option that can remove triangles or a smooth shading option*.

So my first question would be:

Is there any model correcting button? Or any smooth shading button?

and.....my second is:

How can you mount an UV map to a model instead of drag and droping decals?

Thanks a lot

8imon

* smooth shading is shading the model from flat triangles shading to smoother.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a forum for 'The Wizard Oz' (TWO) modeling, you should post your Q where more folks will see it...

Are you modeling from scratch or converting from polygons?

There is no 'auto-smooth' like you might see in Maya... and I believe drag-n-drop is the only way to mount decals- other than patch images (drag n drop image onto group in the PWS and said image will be applied to each and every patch.)

A:M is a very 'hands-ON' program...very WYSIWYG if you will.

Are you importing a model? The reason I am asking is your question about removing triangles. If you are modeling from scratch, why would you have a lot of triangles? Also, once you are more familiar with spline layout and the way cps and splines interact, you can get a pretty smooth mesh right from the get go. There is a material called porcelain that will help smooth a mesh just a bit, but it's better to have a well designed mesh to begin with. The porcelain material is on the "Extras" cd.

* smooth shading is shading the model from flat triangles shading to smoother.

You are probably modeling in shaded mode, and you need PgUp or PgDn on the keyboard, which will alter the apparent smoothness of realtime shaded mode.

There are no triangles in Animation:Master, the only time your patches (which are what surfaces are called in Animation:Master) will look like they are made of triangles is in the realtime shaded mode (your videocard demands polys), final render and everything else is all curves.