sprockets Hans Donuts Featured USS Midnight spotlight Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Still cannot find Snap to center option

LT Fox Fire

All I can find in the Custom keyboard commands that closely relates to moving to the center is "Snap to manipulator grid" I have done a search for the word "Center" and "Snap" both on the html List and visualy and cannot find this option. Please, is there a "Snap to Center" option that allows a selected object to center at X 0 degrees Y 0 degrees and Z 0 degrees?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All I can find in the Custom keyboard commands that closely relates to moving to the center is "Snap to manipulator grid" I have done a search for the word "Center" and "Snap" both on the html List and visualy and cannot find this option. Please, is there a "Snap to Center" option that allows a selected object to center at X 0 degrees Y 0 degrees and Z 0 degrees?

Short answer- no. But it's easy to get an object to center by changing its translate coordinates to 0,0,0.

Select the object, open the transforms in the properties dialog, and change them all to zero.

Short answer- no. But it's easy to get an object to center by changing its translate coordinates to 0,0,0.

Select the object, open the transforms in the properties dialog, and change them all to zero.

I cannot see how that works. In the modeling mode, when you selected the CPs or even the whole model, where ever it is, its position in Transform, under translate reads X0,Y0,Z0. Changing it to 0,0,0 when its already set at that, would make no difference. In Model mode, it does not read the current location of the selected center of the CPs.

I cannot see how that works. In the modeling mode, when you selected the CPs or even the whole model, where ever it is, its position in Transform, under translate reads X0,Y0,Z0. Changing it to 0,0,0 when its already set at that, would make no difference. In Model mode, it does not read the current location of the selected center of the CPs.

Sorry, you hadn't specified a modeling window. I'm not sure what the solution there will be.

The easiest way would be to do it by hand.

A more precise way would be this one:

- Activate the Properties-Window / Show Manipulator-Options-Panel (button can be find next to the bias-handler-button)

- hit "Crtl+A" to select everything

- You will see that the pivot-settings will show some numbers and the offset will be x:0, y:0, z:0.

If for example the pivot-settings would be x: -5, y:2.5, z:0 you could just input x:5, y:-2.5, z:0 in the offset.

So the model should now be centered.

The problem with that: The bones will stay where they were.

If you already rigged your model, you should use another technique:

1.) Go to the bone-mode and select the first bone in the hierachy (parent-bone/root-bone/whatever you call it).

2.) Go to the translate-mode, press and hold the CRTL-Button and move the bone where you want it. You will see that the geometry which was assigned to the bones will now follow the root-bone.

3.) Position it to x:0, y:0, z:0 by hand.

I am not sure if it will effect the other bones / geometry if you insert numbers into the properties of the bone here, so I would do it by hand (or try it out ;) )

*Fuchur*