Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Rig Relations order

DJBREIT

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have installed the (v12_2001 Skeleton_Squetch_five_fingers) with (12_FACE_with_bones_12_05_2007_installation) and the Relations group order are different.

In what order should they be to make them work right?

The order of the Relationships folders gets jumbled, negative sides of Pose sliders disappear and maximum settings of Pose sliders default to 100% in older versions of A:M when importing an installation rig. To get around that, usually you would open the Squetch Rig installation model and import your character instead of the other way around. In this instance (combining two installation rigs), you are going to have to import one or the other part of the rig and correct the problems that happen to the part that is imported by comparing the resulting combined installation with the original individual models. Once all of the differences are corrected, you can import your character for rigging as usual.

Hope that helps.

I think I have the groups reorder correctly. I used the full Squetch Rig to figuer out the order. I did not know about the other problems. Do you know if importing the model/rig will keep thing correct?

I have leaned I can bring in hair systems throw the import command with out losing any info.

I think I have the groups reorder correctly. I used the full Squetch Rig to figuer out the order. I did not know about the other problems. Do you know if importing the model/rig will keep thing correct?

I have leaned I can bring in hair systems throw the import command with out losing any info.

If you import a model into the rig, the problems I mentioned would not happen, if you import a rig into a model, they will happen in older versions of A:M. If you are importing one rig into another rig, the rig you imported could have the problems. So, if you plan on using that configuration more than once, you might want to combine the rigs into one, fix the problems and then save it out as an updated installation rig.

Hope that helps.

On compensates for the rig I have.

I have the compensates list for the face and I think it should be the last set to do. But I dont have any for the hand set up or the origenal hash 2001 rig. is there any thing I need to do on them?

On compensates for the rig I have.

I have the compensates list for the face and I think it should be the last set to do. But I dont have any for the hand set up or the origenal hash 2001 rig. is there any thing I need to do on them?

The hands and the 2001 rig don't need any compensates reset...just make sure the Poses match the original installations.

Hope that helps.

O.K. that answers part of the next question. :)

While I was rigging the hands I massed up on something. The good part I was able to fix all but one problem. The thumb on the right and left hand moves in the wrong direction as I move the fist gizmo. Any suggestion on where I made my mistake.

HAND1.jpgHAND2.jpgHAND3.jpg

Also is there a reason there is no manual first knuckle and/or carpal control in the animation controls?

For the thumb problem, I think you have the controls rotated wrong on the 'Z' axis...check how they are rotated in Squetchy Sam for comparison. You're also going to have to edit the hand clench Poses so that they look better for your character, those Poses are set up for Squetchy Sam's hands in the installation rigs as a placeholder.

The carpals are positioned by translating the finger control bones.

The knuckles can be individually rotated using the Pose sliders in the sub folders of then "Animation_Controls/Hand_Controls/right_hand_fingers_curl" and "Animation_Controls/Hand_Controls/left_hand_fingers_curl" folders.

Hope that helps.

For the thumb problem, I think you have the controls rotated wrong on the 'Z' axis...check how they are rotated in Squetchy Sam for comparison. You're also going to have to edit the hand clench Poses so that they look better for your character, those Poses are set up for Squetchy Sam's hands in the installation rigs as a placeholder.

I think I have a few thing massed up on the thumb. I will play with it to learn more about it

The knuckles can be individually rotated using the Pose sliders in the sub folders of then "Animation_Controls/Hand_Controls/right_hand_fingers_curl" and "Animation_Controls/Hand_Controls/left_hand_fingers_curl" folders.

It has two knuckles last I checked we have three. And I just checked the Squetch_Rig and it is the same set up. Mainly the knuckle between the carpal and the first finger bone dose not have a control in the Animation_Controls like the other two knuckle do.

knuck.jpg

Also you have mentioned posers. Do you mean Installation_Poser_Relationship group in the User Properties Relationship. If so it was not copied over the 2001 rig when you added the hands.

re1.jpg

It has two knuckles last I checked we have three. And I just checked the Squetch_Rig and it is the same set up. Mainly the knuckle between the carpal and the first finger bone dose not have a control in the Animation_Controls like the other two knuckle do.

If you rotate the finger control (on the 'X' axis), that will bend the finger...is that what you mean?

Also you have mentioned posers. Do you mean Installation_Poser_Relationship group in the User Properties Relationship. If so it was not copied over the 2001 rig when you added the hands.

I mentioned Pose sliders...those are shown in the first image of your last post, they are the controls for those Poses. In A:M, there are either on/off Poses or percentage Poses that use sliders. The installation Poses you are showing are only in the Posable installations for the Squetch Rig...the one you are using isn't the Posable installation, it is a combination of the 2001 Rig with the hands from the Squetch Rig.

Hope that helps.