Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

cloth deflector problem

thefreshestever

hello again...

why does my deflector material deactivate other materials on the group? i have a group, the body of my character, it has a skin-material on it...

then i created a group for the deflector material, containing large parts of cps of my body group... when i drag the deflectormaterial on my deflectorgroup this part turns white, its no longer skin-colored....

please help, it´s drivin me nuts....

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

I'm not sure about your particular problem. We'll have to investigate.

Try this and see if it works as a workaround.

Create another Group containing exactly the same geometry as the Group you already have.

Place the Cloth Deflector in it.

See if that works.

Keep in mind that if you assign Cloth and the Deflector to the same group they -should- conflict so... makes sure you assign them to different Groups.

(Not saying you have this in your situation)

I'm not sure about your particular problem. We'll have to investigate.

Try this and see if it works as a workaround.

Create another Group containing exactly the same geometry as the Group you already have.

Place the Cloth Deflector in it.

See if that works.

Keep in mind that if you assign Cloth and the Deflector to the same group they -should- conflict so... makes sure you assign them to different Groups.

(Not saying you have this in your situation)

thanks, but i already did that... i also copied the whole body-cps into a new model, deleted all the groups, defined them new, copied it back to the other model etc... still the same... tried it with mac and windows version...

once i did that all seemed to be fine, i could drop the deflector material on the group and my skin was still colored... but when i closed the document and opened it another time my body was white again... kind of random here...

i don´t have the deflector and the cloth on one group, otherwise my cloth simulation wouldn´t work at all... the simulation works fine, exactly as i want it to be finally... the only thing left is the skinolor on my deflectorroup....

change the order of your groups in the Project Workspace.

dammit... :o so simple... i´m asking myself why i didn´t think of that by my own... i tried so much, defined all my groups new etc... but the deflectorgroup was always beneath the bodygroup... i mean i didn´t know that this is relevant, but i could have tried this...

thanks, you saved my day!!!! B)