Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Mac Install Problem

perry edwards

Hi. I won a copy of Animation Master in the Renderosity Animation Contest and received my prize yesterday in the mail.

The CD is version 12 which when installed won't run on my computer. It quits unexpectedly on start up.

I've tried installing updates versions: 15, 14 and 13: these all start fine but none will recognize my CD to let the program continue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-thanks, Perry

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin
The CD is version 12 which when installed won't run on my computer. It quits unexpectedly on start up.

That seems odd. You won a 3 year old copy of A:M?

Very odd indeed. You may want to check into that.

The Mac Users here in the forum can probably troubleshoot you into getting v12 up and running but (IMO_ your biggest hurtle is the version. Get that ironed out and you should be golden.

Edit: There are different installers for the Mac so make sure you get the right one.

What character / creature is on your CD? Orange Orangutan? White Yeti? Witch with Cat?

Thanks for the quick reply! I have the Witch & cat. I guess my winning movie was only good enough to win a 3 year old copy LOL

I'm checking with Renderosity also to see if they have a newer version to send. It seems that with AM license scheme that I can only update to a different version 12.

-Perry

• Admin
I'm checking with Renderosity also to see if they have a newer version to send. It seems that with AM license scheme that I can only update to a different version 12.

It just seems odd to me that Renderosity would award a 3 year old version of A:M.

Especially as they are (or have been) distributors/retailers of A:M for quite some time now.

Maybe they are trying to clear out the old inventory.

BTW - Did you win one of the Christmas contests??? :)

That doesn't surprise me at all. I've worked in public education for 15 years now. We had a bond many years ago, one item that was added to our inventory of technology was a Casablanca video editor. I set it up to find out that the thing was 3 years old, and sold to us as new.

• Admin
I was checking out old AM updates in the forums and found an updated version 12, that would possibly work (so I would have something to play with right now), but looks like the link is broken on it.

Not to worry then. The link may be dead but the location is still there.

If you want to search for it here's a good starting place:

ftp://ftp.hash.com/pub/updates/osx/