LordPython

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Admin
Is there any way to export A:M models into Daz/Poser readable .obj files?

There are several export plugins that will send a model out of A:M into the .OBJ format.

If Poser reads those you should be good to go.

Alternately you could export to another format (such as .3DS) and use another program to convert that to .OBJ.

Have you tried importing an .OBJ file from A:M into Poser yet?

Is there any way to export A:M models into Daz/Poser readable .obj files?

There are several export plugins that will send a model out of A:M into the .OBJ format.

If Poser reads those you should be good to go.

Alternately you could export to another format (such as .3DS) and use another program to convert that to .OBJ.

Have you tried importing an .OBJ file from A:M into Poser yet?

Thanks, I'll look for a plugin.

And no I havn't tried importing yet, cause I don't have any .obj files from A:M, I only have .mdl files. Is there a way to save my models as an .obj?

Ya, mine only has Poly Model, 3DS, and Avatar 2. What version of A:M did you use to make those pics? I am still using 10.5 (as I don't have the funds to upgrade).

I did find 1 obj exporter, but it's for v '99 and is in .hie format and is supposed to go into the IE folder, which I don't have.

• Admin
Ya, mine only has Poly Model, 3DS, and Avatar 2. What version of A:M did you use to make those pics? I am still using 10.5 (as I don't have the funds to upgrade).

v10.5 is a few years old. I know the Exporters have all been refreshed since then.

They do come with the upgrade though (I know as the images I posted were from v15 websubscription).

I can't say how well the Exporters work as I haven't had much need for polygon exporters but the $49 it would take to test it out would be worth it as it'd get you into v15 from v10.5 even if the exporting wasn't 100%. There is so much more available in v15 over v10.5. That was 5 years ago!

Edit: I believe all the Exporters are .HXT files now. The .HIE files were all replaced and are obsolete except when using the older versions. If you haven't tested with the old converters you should. The quality will probably be about the same.

Plan to spend a little time tweaking the settings to get the optimal export.

• Admin
Exactly what do I get for the $49? Is it like a trial version, or is it an upgrade?

You get the full version of v15 for 12 months. No restrictions.

You do need to download some of the extra model files though (assuming you want them) as you'll no longer have the CD requirement anymore. You can read more about the v15 websubscription HERE.