sprockets Live Answer Time Home Page Featured Free Models spotlight Rigged Spider Tinkering Gnome's Workshop
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Thickening hair at the base

flashawd

Hi - I'm working on a gorilla model and posted in the work in progress forum and David Simmons mentions a few things including the hair-

"I'm not sure about the hair or the chest scars in these renders. In these renders, it looks like the hair could be thickened at its' base and the scar could use a bump or displacement map"

How do you thicken the hair at the base? I am looking in the Technical Reference - and it mentions "the thickness can vary along it's length" - I am in AM in the "properties" of the hair system - and it just has a "Thickness" with a percentage, but nothing about the thickness over the length (thicker at the base)

Any help to clear this up would be appreciated. ;)

Have a great weekend,

Eric

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi

Make sure you have the timeline open - & select thickness in the material

The timeline should then show percentage (along the shaft of hair) for the horizontal axis - you may have to zoom to get it to show the appropriate range (0-100) - move to the percent along the timeline that you want to change thickness for & type it in

thick3.jpg