Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Starship Enterprise: Work in Progress

Tacku

Just a little something I was busy on this weekend, thought I could get some comments. I modeled a Starship Enterprise and it was my goal to get it as detailed as possible. It's still in the works. (I have to add an animated door, some decals and some lights.)

Without further adeu, the Big-E!

post-8498-1196570717_thumb.png

post-8498-1196570761_thumb.png

post-8498-1196570798_thumb.png

I also decided to do a drastic re-design of the Galileo. It' was inspired by an Enterprise-E shuttle.

post-8498-1196570825_thumb.png

Please give me some feedback!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I really enjoy seeing folks own redesigns of things, nice job, if your looking for any modeling feedback Id suggest posting a shaded wireframe version of you cool models, also I would like to see an animation, nothing to complicated, just seeing them move about would be cool too, inside a nice star sphere maybe?

Mike C

Just a little something I was busy on this weekend, thought I could get some comments. I modeled a Starship Enterprise and it was my goal to get it as detailed as possible. It's still in the works. (I have to add an animated door, some decals and some lights.)

Without further adeu, the Big-E!

Please give me some feedback!

OK Tacku.

So far it looks good. I tried to find my old official blue prints of the Enterprise, but haven't yet. I know that the Enterprise has what looks like hull plating on the saucer section, top and bottom. If you are trying for a more purist look, then the Enterprise of the original series didn't have the blue warp core effect on the warp nacelle.

Still, it is a good start, and who's to say that it didn't look like that in an alternate universe.

Phil...

Thanks for the replys!

Kamikaze, if you want animation, you're in for a treat. I designed so that the shuttle bay doors can open to launch a shuttlecraft. (Why else would I make the Galileo?) I also made a probe so the Enterprise can launch it from a ventral launch bay. There is also a dorsal launchbay on the saucer. I do plan to make an animation, but not a boring fly-by. How about the Enterprise gracefully departing spacedock in orbit of either Earth or another planet? (I don't think Star Trek should be entirely Earth-based.)

Moonsire, thanks for your comment also. I know the origonal E did not have the blue glow, I took that element and the glowing deflector from the NX-01. (Big Enterprise fan.) I will add some hull details. By the way, you have blueprints of the Starship Enterprise?! Closest thing I have to those is a freezeframe of the blueprints of the Defiant as seen on Star Trek: Enterprise.

While I do some more decalling and modeling, here's some more eye-candy. It's a probe that can be launched from the ventral launch bay.

post-8498-1196612042_thumb.png

Thanks KenH. If you're talking about the probe, I agree. I'm going to do some more work on the lil' guy. (Extrude the wings on the side, add some more ctrl points on them to make it more round, add some more decals.)

I've currently got an animation rendering. I'll post it later.

Thanks for the replys!

Moonsire, thanks for your comment also. I know the origonal E did not have the blue glow, I took that element and the glowing deflector from the NX-01. (Big Enterprise fan.) I will add some hull details. By the way, you have blueprints of the Starship Enterprise?! Closest thing I have to those is a freezeframe of the blueprints of the Defiant as seen on Star Trek: Enterprise.

Tacku.

I have blue prints for the Constitution Class U.S.S. Enterprise. 12 sheets that include the exterior and interior of the ship and fold out to 9" to 30". Also, I have the Star Fleet Technical Manual, which has the tech designs for the phaser (type one and two) and tricorders (medical and science). All The Original Series.

I checked out the Star Trek LCARS Blueprint Database on line. http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/lcars/index-bp.html

There you find blue prints on NX-01, Enterprise, Enterprise-A, Enterprise-B, Enterprise-C, Enterprise-D, Excelsior,

Shuttle Craft Galileo, Dreadnought class ships, USS Stargazer, the KOBAYASHI MARU, Starbase 79, Klingon, Romulan,

Voyager, Defiant. They also have the ST: Tech Manual and many other documents on line there. Worth a look.

These numbers are from the blueprints.

USS Enterprise

Particulars in meters:

Length Overall - 288.6

Breadth Overall - 127.1

Height OA - 72.6

Primary Hull Diameter (Saucer) - 127.1

Primary Hull Max Depth - 32.5

Secondary Hull Length - 103.6

Secondary Hull Max. Dia - 34.1

Nacelle (Propulsion Unit) Length - 153.6

Nacelle Diameter - 17.3

Hanger Deck Length Overall - 38

Just thought I would toss this out to you.

Have fun. The work looks good so far.

Phil...

Thanks for the mesurments, Moonshine. I've made a few adjustmennts and it looks more like the TOS ship now scale-wise. What I'm doing now is adding materials to my model. (My latest render has a great metal finish to it.) I'm trying to animate the warp nacelles but I can't figure out how to animate the materials.

EDIT: Whoops, I forgot to add the recent render.

post-8498-1196824809_thumb.png

Note the Nacelle caps. I just have to figure out how to animate the cellturb...