sprockets Live Answer Time Home Page Featured Free Models spotlight Rigged Spider Tinkering Gnome's Workshop
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Titles and Motion Graphics

I use AM as a general 3d workhorse, so I though I'd show a couple of simple and very quick projects. I thought I'd put them into a single WIP thread so that people can ask any questions they may have, and because I don't think they'll be worth a thread each.

Amway Business Centres.. total project time was 1 and a half days, although it wound up at two days when I needed to alter one of the render settings and had to redo a render. That's for the sequence shown and a global map animation showing the centre locations. The project is based around the final image of a man climbing a building, the rest of it was pretty much up to me.

AMwayTreatedA.jpg

I started the project using newton physics to collapse a building and then playing it in reverse, which worked terrifically on a newton explode model. but then when I went to explode a custom built object, with explode groups for girders, windows and other structures, it didn't work. I didn't have time to work out what I did wrong (but if you know how to do this, enlighten me) so I built one storey as one model for the steel girders and floor, and another for the walls. I then animated an action building the single storey for each of the models. Move to choregraphy and I simple stacked the structure models on top of each other, randomly rotating them through 90 degree steps so that it's looks like I've done a whole lot more work.

AMwayTreatedB.jpgAMwayTreated.jpg

AMway.mov

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Hash Fellow

That's quite effective. I hope you charged a good price for that!

My only tweak would be to slightly darken the reflecting glass on the building so it would be better distinguished from the sky background.

Did you ever figure out why Newton wouldn't work? Can you show any tests of it not working so we can see better how it fell short?