sprockets Live Answer Time Home Page Featured Free Models spotlight Rigged Spider Tinkering Gnome's Workshop
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Missing itema

bighop

I think I screwed up my copy of AM. I copied the "Extra CD" file, and set up the options to make a library path to the library of the CD.

I went through set up the library to the program file that installed on my hard drive.

Now I don't have the plug-ins option on many of the menus. For example, I don't have the plug-ins and wizards anymore.

Do I have to reinstall the program? And if so, Should I delete the program folder before I do? I should have left well enough alone!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, you didn't screw up your copy of A:M... That's on the CD

There's a way to do a clean install... And here it is:

I use the following procedure:

-use add/remove programs to remove all instances of A:M

(add/remove sux, that's why the following steps are necessary, but do it anyway)

-use regedit and delete the above mentioned folders

-use explorer to delete program files/Hash, Inc. from your HD if it's still there.

Hash uses the following folders in the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Hash, Inc.

-and-

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Hash, Inc.

just delete the entire 'Hash, Inc.' folder in both places, then re-install...

**warning: use regedit at your own risk, deleting keys/values/folders other

than those above can cause your system to fail to boot**

-reinstall!

I am not the author of that... i think it was Steve Sappington... but I have it in my notes always available on my desktop.

Thanks,

I'm a Mac user....I should have mentioned that. I think I will toss the old file and just reinstall.

Does the library file point to the program file on my computer, or the CD? Because What I did was toast the CD and made a Disc Image. Once the Disc image is mounted, it acts like a CD.

That way I can open other CD's while the program is running. I don't know if that messed up things.

I'm getting ready to order the upgrade, I have AM 2006....is there a list of what is new on this version?

Thanks for the help

Andy

• Hash Fellow

The more non-standard things you do, the harder it is going to be for anyone explain why they don't work.

I recall the regular A:M install has an option to copy the cd material to your hard drive anyway. Do it that way.