Libraries

bighop

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In case you haven't closed A:M and opened it back up again, this always seems to be needed when adding libraries, as it appears these only get read at startup.

If you have done that and they still don't show, can you show us a screen cap of "Options>Folders>Show folders for:Libraries (lbr files)" ?

Here is the way I understand the Libraries work:

Under Options>Folders>Show folders for:Libraries(lbr files), the path displayed (i.e. /Applications/Animation Master 13.0/Data/Libraries), A:M expects to find a file (or files) with the extension .lbr. The name of this (these) files is what is displayed in the Library Drop down in A:M (i.e. Hash CD Libraries...).

Usually these lbr files use relative paths inside "FileName=../Models/Actors/KeeKat/KeeKat.mdl". The .. indicate that the actual path to this would be (using the example above) "/Applications/Animation Master 13.0/Data/Models/Actors/KeeKat/KeeKat.mdl".

In your pics, the folder structure should look something like below. The underlined would be the default libraries that are loaded when you install the application. You will have is Post Effects and Tutorials, and it should show as "Hash Installed Library" as the lbr file is named that in the Library folder. Or if you installed the data from the CD at installation time, I believe the lbr file will be Hash CD Library

Hope this makes some sense.

-Applications

-----Animation Master 13.0

----------Actions

----------Choreographies

----------Data

---------------Actions

---------------Choreographies

---------------Images

---------------Libraries

--------------------Hash CD Library.lbr

---------------Materials

---------------Models

---------------Post Effects

---------------Projects

---------------Sound Effects

---------------Tutorials

----------Extra's CD

---------------Actions

---------------Images

---------------Libraries

--------------------AM Extras CD Vol1.lbr

---------------Materials

---------------Models

---------------Projects

---------------Tutorials

----------Images

----------Libraries

----------Materials

----------Models

----------My Data

---------------Actions

---------------Images

---------------Libraries

--------------------My Library.lbr

---------------Materials

---------------Models

---------------Projects

---------------Tutorials

----------Post Effects

----------Projects

----------Sound Effects

----------Tutorials

to add models into a library, just set a particular library active (rather than "all"). Then open the directory where your models are stored. Select the Models tab (or whatever is appropriate), and drag and drop your files into the Library window. All of your models will appear as thumbnails in the Library! :)

There is a new utility that will be available as soon as I get the documentation ready. Responding a request I made several months ago with the specs for this utility, Glenn Anthofer spent several months writting the program while I tested it.

In a word it creates a library file for a folder structure recursively working down through each sub-directory and it creates an AM library folder structure based on the disk folders. This allows you to organize your resources in folders and then create (or update) a library file for these that organizes them the same way in the AM Library. It has many many options and is very flexible. You can save your settings so they do not have to be typed in each time -- you can save mutiple setups -- it can run in batch mode processing unlimited customized runs set up before hand... say for creating library files for the CD, your own resource pool and the extra CDs. It is totally awesome, something I've been wishing for for years and I can't thank Glenn Anthofer enough for writting it.

I hope to release it for Glenn within the next week.

Screen capture of the user interface:

LibMgr.jpg

Cheers,

Rusty

Edit: Oh yeah, I'm working on the logic for and, getting someone... maybe my son... maybe Glenn to write a follow up program. While the above does a ton of stuff, the entries in the AM Library (the folders, the resources) will still not be in alphabetical order. This program would read in library files and alphabetize everything. It would also optionally combine multiple library files into one.

Now all we need is a integrated search program!

• 3 weeks later...