specter

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think a layer for that purpose is supposed to Ambient 100% too?

No, I just hit the flat shaded and it worked fine. I know some how I have been able to place an object behind the layer so that a model can walk behind it but have not been able to do it again.

I would like to make a pic of me with some gnarlly looking wings that wrap around me.

If anyone knows what I am getting at please help. I am sure there is a way to add geometry to a photo so that models can be placed around them.

Having them shake hands with a person or wrap a model around.

I know some how I have been able to place an object behind the layer so that a model can walk behind it but have not been able to do it again.

I would like to make a pic of me with some gnarlly looking wings that wrap around me.

A layer is really just a special type model - ie, a 3D plane with an image projected onto its 1 face/patch. Other models can definitely be placed behind or in front of layers. Sometimes layers can be difficult to translate in the chor. Perhaps the layer is not positioned as to where you think it is? You can also scale and rotate layers. In my example - I've used an image for the layer that has an alpha channel. The alpha channel defines the wing (layer) shape, and coloring.

However, you will not be able to "wrap" a layer around something - ie you can not manipulate it's cp's. Instead, you could just make a 1 (or more) patch model with the wing image as a cookie-cut type decal and then you can manipulate the wing model as you'd want. Not sure what you're going for - but if it's just a still you might be able to simulate a type of "photoshoppy" thing with layers - using alpha channels

I am sure there is a way to add geometry to a photo so that models can be placed around them.

This doesn't sound like layers. This sounds like you are thinking about projecting a camera rotoscope image onto some models in your scene (eg a cube) - you would have to set the option for the model(s) to be a front projection target in the chor (as well as choosing a rotoscope for the camera)

layerloonpws.jpg

layerloonrender.jpg