Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Making Metal

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Click the "+" tab next to your model icon in the project workspace. This will bring up a catogory underneath it called GROUPS. Now go ahead an click the "+" sign located on the left side of it. This will bring you to another group. Now for me personally this will bring up a list of named areas. Arm, head, body an so on. Then i scroll down to the item i want to be metal looking. Next to the name in the part there will be a triangle (>head). Something like that. Then you click on the triangle which brings up another sub catogory. Click the triangle next to surfaces. Then i play with the settings til i get it how i like it. For the image i posted its Difuse color gray, specular color white, specular size 24, specular intensity 89%, reflectivity 26%, Once your done select the target area you just added detal to. then click rendar mode. This will give you a redared image of that section, when your done checking it over. escape to get out of the preview, then make adjustments..

QuickTimePlayer_2007_03_28_18_07_45_62.bmp

Materials help for metal. Do you have the DarkSim textures? OR- try the Hash environment map...import a checkerboard image or a photo desert scene picture and set it as the map...instant coolio reflections with NO raytracing (prolonged renders)

Do the same as above...make a group...make a new material...change type to Hash Inc, environment...import image...set as map...adjust all settings till 4 a.m.!!!