Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Giraffe troubles

I've been working on the project 11 giraffe on an off this past weekend an im stuck. The last two parts of the projects are confusing me. Im not very sure where exactly my last few slines are suppose to go to finish the back part an front part of the hind leg. Ive tried multiple angles an attaches but im apparently missing something.

Horsepatch.jpg

Horse2.jpg

Horsespline.jpg

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi this may help but not sure click on one of the point that off to the side and hit the detached and try and retach using the left then right click mouse button but the point has the be right over the other point where it will attached to it hope this help out.

Hi this may help but not sure click on one of the point that off to the side and hit the detached and try and retach using the left then right click mouse button but the point has the be right over the other point where it will attached to it hope this help out.

I tried that but to no avail. I know from the books stand point im missing its last 2 steps for adding splines. I know when i tried various attempts none worked, An i wasnt able to 5 point patch the belly side of the giraffe. So im just not sure what the real problem is. I know on another 5 pint patch i had to pay with thesplined area before it would patch, not sure if this is the same problem, or am i not splining the right spot..

I hope i get someone who can key in on it with me so i can finish the project cause this is pretty much the last part of it til i smooth an decal it.. :(

Some images from mine:

post-9673-1174433556_thumb.jpg post-9673-1174433571_thumb.jpg post-9673-1174433580_thumb.jpg

and a mdl file:

Giraffe.zip

Hmmm i think i see where i have to go with my last 2 spines, i will try it for when i get back, If not i think i might just give up an redo the whole thing.. Because compared to yours an the book i have far far to many splines it seems.. Thansk for the pics to go by for reference. But im not to sure what to do with the MDL files, an what there for or how to open it..

This is my project incase someone wished to check it over an maybe find a way to explain to me what i need to improve on..

Giraffe.zip

To use the .mdl, right click Objects in the PWS > Import, then import the .mdl file, and it will appear as a model in your project.

Yeah thats exactly what i did but its not working. i keep getting an error message.

Invalid model file: C\docs an settings\Big E\hash wip\Giraffe. MDL within a little gray A.M box..

The project wont let me finish it i guess.... :(

-Lightbulb- Ah - you probably don't have v13, and that's why you can't open it.

When I try and download your project, it appears to be mine, perhaps you could upload it under a different name, if you're still having problems.

Or take a deep breath and go fishing and come back later, and it'll be easy :D .

-Lightbulb- Ah - you probably don't have v13, and that's why you can't open it.

When I try and download your project, it appears to be mine, perhaps you could upload it under a different name, if you're still having problems.

Or take a deep breath and go fishing and come back later, and it'll be easy :D .

LoL ohhh how i've tried. Been pretty much working on it on an off sat an sunday. An then i got stuck on the back leg. walked away, an came back more times then i could count an still no luck. i even have the ears an tail built in another saved project ready to go..

Well i dont have work tomorrow so hopefully you or someone else will find this an take a quick run thru on it. I wouldnt doubt part of the back leg is to much splines going on, but i dunno im still a nooblet.. :blink:

Copy_of_Project_11_giraffe_almost_done....zip

Let's start with the front leg.

You have a control point with more than 2 splines. (Ie 5 lines coming into 1 point) This will cause creasing. It's much better to have a hook here.

post-9673-1174475245_thumb.jpg

Second, I think that funny curly spline is wrong. You have 5 lines coming into 1 point again, which is a no-no.

post-9673-1174475433_thumb.jpg

The 2 splines marked with an arrow, should be one continuous spline. You'll need to break the arrowed one from the curly spline, and connect it to the dead-ending arrowed one.

You'll probably end up with a couple of 5 point patches, but that's fine. It's a whole lot better to have 5 point patches, than to have a control point that's overloaded. (An optimal control point is a cross - one spline crossing another)

I have to say that the back leg is pretty horrible :D and is beyond me tonight.

You have a spline running right through the back leg that needs to be broken (the letter K breaks)

One way of telling which spline is going where is clicking on the spline, and pressing the comma key. That will highlight the spline so that you can track where it's going.

Actually, I don't think it is as horrible as all that, if that spline were in the right place - here's pics of my giraffe:

post-9673-1174476295_thumb.jpg

post-9673-1174476308_thumb.jpg

Bottom view with lower legs missing.

post-9673-1174476315_thumb.jpg

Let me know if you want me to have a look at it again tomorrow - it's a bit late here now.