Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Constraints

skrilla

Is there a guide to all constraints?

I pick up an object with a kinematic/orient like/compensate combo ( hand and forearm so the forearm follows the hand) then later I want to attach the hands to something.... Well the 2nd time I use a Kinematic on the same bone, it totally ignores it ( the 2nd one) even if the 1st is set to 0% enforcement.

Also the 1st is set to a different bone than the 2nd, the 1st doesn't use compensate and I need compensate for the 2nd action.

How do I get the 2nd Constraint to work, or what am I supposed to use instead of Kinematic? Kinematic works if I delete the 1st one.

Imagine someone doing a pushup then lifting a barbell. The combo I said works for BOTH tasks seperately, but they don't work togather.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a guide to all constraints?

I pick up an object with a kinematic/orient like/compensate combo ( hand and forearm so the forearm follows the hand) then later I want to attach the hands to something.... Well the 2nd time I use a Kinematic on the same bone, it totally ignores it ( the 2nd one) even if the 1st is set to 0% enforcement.

Also the 1st is set to a different bone than the 2nd, the 1st doesn't use compensate and I need compensate for the 2nd action.

How do I get the 2nd Constraint to work, or what am I supposed to use instead of Kinematic? Kinematic works if I delete the 1st one.

Imagine someone doing a pushup then lifting a barbell. The combo I said works for BOTH tasks seperately, but they don't work togather.

The description is a little confusing to me, Steve...a Project file would probably get your problem illustrated better.

As for a guide to all constraints...the Technical Manual that is on the AM CD (or came as a hard copy with v14) would probably help you.

I did constrain the object to the right hand with 'orient like/translate to' constraints then I used a Kinematic to attach the left hand to the object (so the forearm and bicept would follow right). It works perfectly. However, later I want to push off something with both hands so I created a new kinematic/orient like combo with compensation mode on a different bone. I used this combo on the hand and forearm of both hands (to the same bone). The right hand works- the hand stays put and the forearm and bicept follow right, but the left arm ignores the new Kinematic constraint and just stays still.

Again, I use the EXACT same combo but it doesn't work on the left hand which has another Kinematic constraint attached to it even though it is set to 0 enforcement. If I delete the 1st kinematic it works.