Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Keekat Voice Test =^.^=

Hello,

I'm testing the 2001 rig of Keekat to see if it will animate well.

The attached video is the first pass of keyframes.

I blocked out the main poses every 5 to 15 frames at 30 fps.

The poses are then locked down by setting keyframes for all active channels on that particular frame.

I'll clean it up later, right now I want to be certain of the action itself, not the timing (which will be fixed later)

Thus the tail only whips around once, instead of being really alive yet.

Lip sync comes last and I plan to do that manually, especially since it's just noises and no words.

Of course the sounds are straight off of the A:M CD. There was no cough sound effect, so a door slam must suffice.

Where finer detailed animation is needed to establish the scene at this stage of development, I will actually use the pose sliders or clean up the keyframes for the feet so they don't drift. But only if it feels necessary.

Feet walking and animation are more challenging for me since I don't animate that as often, so I figured out how to make Keekat shuffle his feet by acting out the scene myself and paying special attention to what my feet were doing.

Very informative.

I didn't realize the process of pivoting involved in shifting my weight.

That's neat!

KeeKat_Voice_Test_02.mov

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL!

That was fantastic!

Thanks.

That little short should serve to inspire me to great deeds.

Now on the second pass for Keekat.

Updates soon.

P.S. I noticed the block character flexed his fingers like I planned for Keekat in this shot. For me, it's to add life to Keekat. I wonder if this is a common technique.

Here's the next pass.

This test render tells me that the fingers and eyes need just a little touch up and the tail is the last major item, before final render.

Digging around Keekat's skeleton shows some bones to control the tuft of hair on the top of his head.

I think I'll try to dink with that a little too.

KeeKat_Voice_Test_04.mov

also if you want inspiration i found this site to day, this guy does the most amazing stuff...

also there a possibility that you might start to think allot...personally i realized that i should try animation more often rather than poses...

http://www.tysonibele.com/Main/main.htm

you can also ask him questions by e-mail too.