sprockets Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP Live Answer Time Demo Tinkering Gnome's Sparkler PRJ Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Help! Animating with music.

seduar

I need some help.

I tried to make an animation, you know, moving the bones into position and load up a song from the sound folder, a mp3 song that I converted to .wav. Well it did work once I converted it to .wav, it does play the song in the program, but the problem is that whatever my animation is, plays first and then it plays the song. This happens when I loop the animation which it was just about 5 seconds; I did that just to try it since I am new at this and I am just learninig how the animation master program works.

Any Ideas on how to blend the animation with a song file when I loop the aniamtion?

This is what I want to do:

I want to be able to loop the animation and play the song at the same time.

This would make the character dance to the music.

Please let me know what I can do in order to make that happen.

:rolleyes:

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It sounds like the music just needs to be dragged to the right place in the Chor timeline. Look in the properties for the shortcut to the sound and see what the start time is. If it's not zero, change it to zero.....if that's when the animation starts.

I need some help....

Please let me know what I can do in order to make that happen...

Sounds like you have the sound attached to the action. Drop it into the Choreography instead.

Delete the sound from the action.

Now you can loop the action to your heart's content and the song will play unmolested.

Hope that does the trick!

What is the actual problem? It's not playing back the music in real time mode or not appending the music to the rendered file? Sometimes sound can just stop working in AM which can be rectified by a close and restart.

It may also be related to the codec used to compress the sound - ie it may be a wav file but it may be a wav file that AM can't open. If you double click on the sound icon in the Sound folder do you hear it play?

Cheers