Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Importing or Creating a Model?

jairo

Hello All I just want to say that ive been looking at animation master for a while now and im pleased with the fact that i have finally purchased my own copy of it and im really looking forward to it. NOW I HAVE A QUESTION FOR EVERYONE... I RECENTLY M WORKING ON A PROJECT THAT REQUIRES MY MODEL TO MOVE OR EVEN DANCE AND I SAW SOME TUTORIALS ABOUT MODELS THAT MOVED AND DANCED AND STUFF.. WHAT I WANT TO KNOW IS WOULD I HAVE TO START FROM SCRATCH AND CREATE THAT MODEL OR CAN I IMPORT IT AND IT WILL STILL RESPECT OR CREATE BONES AND SO I CAN MANIPULATE IT? MY MODEL IS A MAN THAT HAS HHIS ARMS STREACHING OUT IT IS 2D BUT I WANT TO MAKE IT 3D AND ALSO MANIPULATE IT IS THAT POSIBLE ON ANIMATION MASTER.....

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the colorful world of A:M and the forums, jairo.

All that is possible, but the best way to explain it is written in "The Art Of Animation Master" - you will see it referred to as TAOA:M here - there are exercises on each of the topics. You start easy, and work your way through hard.

If I understand what you want, you'll need modelling skills (in the book, you get to model an aeroplane and a giraffe), and rigging skills (in the book you get to put a skeleton into a model). The first few exercises are about manipulating.

If you work through that book and do the exercises, you will have a good understanding of how to go about more complex things. You can even submit your exercises in the special TAOA:M forum, and work towards a certificate.

If you have any specific problems with the exercises, we are all here to help you. :)

oh scratch that...

yeah you can use images as a back ground to model from, and like all software(but one that i know of) you have to model your characters and objects ect. but don't worry about it modeling is fun, once you start your hooked. if you not exact;y in to modeling you can use models that are in the cd and animate with those. if your into rendering you can just make small models and go insane with shortcuts and get the great renders you want. every thing is easy to get a hold of and use, just take your time and have fun.

oh and btw...this is coming from a 15 year old ;) i've used A:M for about 2 and a half years and loved every second of it. cheak out my site.

http://www.wolfworks.co.nr/

also when you make a character to animate it you make bones, now you don't model them it just click and drag. you make the bones in sort of a stick man form, then you select the cps(control points(the dots)) that the bones move. now you can leave it at that but theres more to do if you want more realistic movement that doesn't take much time at all...