Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

copy/paste mirrored

I've had a problem with the attached model for quite some time. I've "copy/flip/attached" one side of the model several times with the same result. After making sure the middle spline is zeroed on the x-axis and cleaning up the mirrored side (completing 5-point patches, etc.) I've brought the model into an action window to flatten and paint the face. After flattening, I've manipulated the cp's on one side to get the desired results, but when I "copy/paste mirrored" to the other side, only a few of the other side's cp's are affected. I've actually completed decaling the model and rigged the face only to get the same type of "copy/paste mirrored" problems in poses. The model I've attached is not the rigged (or even painted) version. I figured I'd try to clear this up before getting too deep into the process again.

Thanks,

Chris

Cool_Blu_Swing_Full_Narrator__no_tails_.mdl

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm following up this post to add that now "copy/paste mirrored" does not work properly with any of my models. Anyone know what's going on? Am I missing an obvious flaw in my method or has something become corrupted with my install. I just upgraded to 13r, but the problem persists.

Thanks,

Chris

Are you meaning Copy/Flip/Attach when you are typing "copy/paste mirrored" ? I don't have a "copy/paste mirrored" (at least if I do, I don't know where it is).

If you are talking "snap to mirrored points", you may need to change the tolerance setting under Tools>Modeling>Mirror Mode>Group Snap Tolerance.

Glenn

Are you meaning Copy/Flip/Attach when you are typing "copy/paste mirrored" ? I don't have a "copy/paste mirrored" (at least if I do, I don't know where it is).

If you are talking "snap to mirrored points", you may need to change the tolerance setting under Tools>Modeling>Mirror Mode>Group Snap Tolerance.

Glenn

Under the Edit menu, when in a pose or an action window, there is a "paste mirrored keyframe" command. "Copy keyframe" is a previous command that obviously you must do before you "paste mirrored keyframe" either to the cp's on the opposite side, or to the opposite side's bones.

I spoke with Heath today and he says this is possibly an instance of a broken command within this rebuild of A:M that hopefully will be fixed in the next version. I've posted this issue in the A:M reports just in case.

-Chris