sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

color?

Ravager

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1. Make sure you have the property triangle showing in the Project Workspace Panel:

Change Tools Menu > Options > Global > Show Property triangle.

2. Create an Action for your model.

3. Click the + next to Action1, then click the + next to Action1 (in the Project Workspace Panel), then click the triangle next to Shortcut to Your Model.

4. Click the triangle next to Surface and click on the Diffuse Colour.

If you want the colour to change over time, then, for example, if you are using Thom who is yellow, you can change the Action Frame (down at the bottom of the screen) to 10, and then change the Diffuse Colour to blue, then change the Frame to 20, then change the Diffuse Colour to red. He will then over time gradually blend colours. To change the colour from yellow to blue abruptly, you need to change the Frame to 9, and make sure the colour is yellow, then OK. Same for Blue to Red - change the Frame to 19, and make sure the colour is Red.

If you've done TAOA:M, Exercise 12 shows you how to make a pose, so you could also make a pose slider for all the different colours that you want him to be.

Do you mean like this?

[attachmentid=22413]

If so:

First, when you create your Action - make sure "Show More than Drivers" is on.

[attachmentid=22412]

This will let you select individual named groups in an Action. You can do the same thing in a Choreography for each model in the Chor.

In the model window, I grouped and named the patches in the middle of Thom, and followed the 4 steps I wrote above. The transparency is also in the Surface Properties which I set in the Action at frame 1:00 to 0% and at frame 2:00 to 100%.

Not a drag - just let me know where I'm not understanding your dilemma!

post-9673-1163975162.jpg

color.mov