Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

bear jump

thejobe

ive always had trouble animating

and when it came to animating my own chracter it was awful

so i still use models i find from people and the cd

this is like try number 6th with this scene

what i was going for was him doing a big jump hanging in the air a bit and falling and landing on his hands and feet. then getting up wobbling a bit the wiping the sweat off his forehead.

took me about 7 hours to get this far.

tell me what you guys think of my progress so far.

bear jump

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you did pretty well so far. I would make the bear a bit more bend forwards while he's getting ready to jump, so the jump movement comes from his whole body, not only his feet. The rest is very good, but there's a strange move in your camera at the end. I think you could easily fix that in the timeline graph.

At the start of the jump his arms need to come back first, like he is building momentum, stand in the middle of your room and try to jump as far as u can. u will swing your arms back as you get ready. on the landing his back feet will come in contact with the ground first, then to his front feet, like shock absorbers. again try the jump your self. acting it out will always make it easier. adding in what luuk said should help you get in the right direction.

Chad

no need to start from strach, if u like the timing now it is time for the in between animation, just clean up work, thats all.

All animations start out this way, you get the timing you like then hit the details. watch the shrek dvd bounus features and you will see him moving but no legs running or anything, thats becasue they are getting the timing down. We do it all the time.