sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

See Georges dance

Here are a couple of tests for the rigging on my pocket Bataille cutout guy-thing. I had been struggling to get a little bend in the paper cutout of his body and failed--the tape "holding" the wire to the paper kept slipping. In one experiment I had a bit of success by having one bone connected to the cps I wanted moved, but having another bone--an FK parent of the cp bone--do the motion. But, upon trying that I realized that the paper needs to be pretty rigid anyway, and that its motion would be better conveyed through y-axis rotation than actual folding/bending.

These are rough, just tests. Oh, and for the record, in the first one that is sort of a salute into a wave, not a sieg heil, which it kinda ended up resembling.

The second one is a head movement test.

I'd love to hear rigging thoughts. Still have to texture him and figure out what he's going to do. Right now he's a man without a mission, but he needs to be a bullet with a gun.

[attachmentid=21755]

And here's the head test.

[attachmentid=21756]

testjump.mov

testhead2.mov

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic