sprockets Live Answer Time Home Page Featured Free Models spotlight Rigged Spider Tinkering Gnome's Workshop
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Problems Loading Models

Tralfaz

Hello.

I am very new to Animation Master and have just installed version 12.0n on my Windows 2000 PC. I have a P4 2.4GHz PC with an ATI 9000 Pro Video Card, 512 MByte RAM, several large hard drives (as I do some video work on the side).

When I try to load some of the models, I get a "Parameter Is Incorrect" message. The same thing happens when I right click on the short cuts in the Libraries window.

I can load SCHLITZY, but when I try to load Sir Nigel or any of the other Realistic Actors models, I get the error.

I have tried downloading the latest version of A:M 12 from the Hash FTP site, but when that was installed, I ended up with duplicate entries in all of the libraries. E.g. 2 Shaggies, 2 Sir Nigels, etc. I ended up uninstalling the entire product, going through the registry and removing any Hash entries there, then re-installed from the CD.

If anyone has any suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance...

Al

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dhar:

The double models is when I first noticed that I would get the Parameter Is Incorrect error. I had tried right clicking on the duplicate short cuts to delete them, but got the error instead.

That is when I uninstalled the software and cleaned up the registry. I then did a fresh install from the CD, but still have problems.

I was able to create a short cut to Sir Nigel on the CD and he did load without any problems into the chor screen. Since the model was okay, I then created a short cut manually to the Sir Nigel on my hard drive. It did not load properly.

Hmmm, perhaps the installation did not go right. So I then copied the Realistic folder from the CD to my hard drive, overtop the Realistic directory from the install. Sir Nigel then loaded without error into the chor window.

Now it is really looking like a bad install. I then copied the entire Data directory from the CD to my hard drive. I noticed some of the files had a +R attribute set on them so I manually set -R on all files in the Data directories and sub directories.

Now, when I load A:M, I can right click on the folders and short cuts without getting the error message.

Thanks everyone for all your help and suggestions. It was muchly appreciated.

I was wondering though, if I install the upgrade to my E: drive, could I just copy the executables and dlls into my install directory without messing up my folders with duplicate short cuts?

Al