Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Strange center spline control point issue

cribbidaj

Hello -

I've created a full model which I'm now trying to split in half at the center spline so that I can copy/flip/attach to rig properly. After deleting the left half, centering the middle spline at 0 along the x axis, at the copy/flip/attach stage a strange occurance happens. The model attaches at the feet. The foot is placed along the 0 y axis, but if I move the model down below the y axis, some of the control points end up at the bottom of the model (see attached jpeg). I've trid to backtrack my work to find the control points that are causing the problem, but when I try to delete them to replace them, they won't delete. Anyone know what's happening here?

Thanks,

Chris

[attachmentid=20012]

weird_cp_1.jpg

weird_cp_0.jpg

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do you have mirror mode on perhaps? Hard to say....probably need to see the model. I hope you saved in versions.

Bless you, Ken. Yes, I had mirror mode on - something I'd just learned about in a tutorial which also warned me to make sure I turned it off after making the adjustments I needed. I'm glad it was this simple! I did save in versions, but, of course, strange things were happening in all versions while in mirror mode.

Thanks,

Chris