sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Help

• *A:M User*

I have started rendering our animations. The first picture is from intro chor and the second is from part two. The animation was broken into 5 parts for animating and rendering. The settings are the same in each chor and this was rendered on one machine and then on net render. Notice the inside part of tool box that there is a shadow? has anyone run into this? The first picture was the first chor and the second picture is the from the second chor. All the other chor are rendering with the black shadow on both a stand alone machine or one in the net render farm. Any thoughts?????

Steve

Edit

I thought it was because, for what ever reason, the normals were flipped. But that was not the case

intro0153_copy.jpg

parttwo0002_copy.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That is a good thought. Each chor (5 of them) have different actions added to them. The actions were lip sync to a voice over. I have about pulled my hair out tonight (what liitle is left). I built 5 actions and applied to each chor. The models were imported into the chor and then the actions were added to each chor. I could not see any differences in the poses.

Steve

Edit

Also notice the resolution on the top of the toolbox in the second chor as the line on the side does not appear to be rendering correctly as they are jagged and this is with 9 passes turned on.

I have tried to export the chor and render as a stand alone but teh black shadows followed. And it is only rendering the shadows on the top portion of the ends. Inside the tool box is rendering correctly and appears to be rendering with multi pass

Steve

Last post of the night. I have tried to rebuild the ends of the tool box and applied decals, and it still renders with shadows. Rendered with different multipass and still renders with shadows. Went to a side view and it renders correctly. I have checked the decals and reapplied to no avail. I have opened new project and rendered model and it renders with shadows. Why would one chor render correctly and the next render with the unwanted shadows?

I have brought in older versions of model it renders ok in a new project and without actions. I have all the actions on this model other than lip sync. It would take days to recreate. This is a wierd one.

Steve

So I lied. here is the last post. The first chor had a slight movement of the toolbox throughout the animation. 2-5 chor The toolbox remains in the same place except for a few jumps. The camera is straight on and renders the shadows. If I rotate the model slightly the renderings of the shadow go a way. I believe it has to do with the perspective I have selected on the chor.

Steve