sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Translating/moving whole character vs a bone

scarabeo

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Using the model bone you can move the entire model in an action or chor, however, for myself, I tend to leave the model bone alone. A friend of mine once built this awesome space ship for a project we were working on for some reason he moved and reversed the direction of the model bone in the modeling window. Well later when he constrained the ship to a path he was puzzled when the ship followed the path upside down and backwards. I think it is better to create an 'everything' bone (or whatever name base bone etc.) which all other bones are children of and use this instead. In a chor or action just grab it and move it.

Now, if you are in the modeling window, things are a little different. Assuming all the PCs are attached to a bone other then the model bone (i.e. no CPs are left attached to the model bone), to move, scale or rotate all the bones and mesh of a model, in bones mode, select your 'everything' bone and use it in this way;

* if you use the manipulator controls (translate, rotate and scale icons), all of the children bones will move/scale/rotate with it

* if you also hold down the control key, all the attached mesh will move/scale/rotate as well

Hope this helps,

Rusty