Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Help

• *A:M User*

I am at the end of my ideas. I have made a mov file in after effects of letters being written out. I was going to animate the pencil chracter to follow the mov file in rotoscope to get the action and AM allows the rotoscope to be rendered as well. So I have tried for four days to get this to work without success. It appears to be working in the chor or action but when rendered the rotoscope is not in the correct location and it plays from the beginning of the animation even though it has been key frame to start and end at certain location.

So does anybody have a thought of how to follow the script I created in after effects or is there another way to create the handwriting look in AM?

Steve

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am at the end of my ideas. I have made a mov file in after effects of letters being written out. I was going to animate the pencil chracter to follow the mov file in rotoscope to get the action and AM allows the rotoscope to be rendered as well. So I have tried for four days to get this to work without success. It appears to be working in the chor or action but when rendered the rotoscope is not in the correct location and it plays from the beginning of the animation even though it has been key frame to start and end at certain location.

So does anybody have a thought of how to follow the script I created in after effects or is there another way to create the handwriting look in AM?

Steve

Steve,

Check this out...

http://www.mossor.org/Desktop/Tutorials/Sp...rite/index.html

David

• *A:M User*

I finally figured out how to do this. I will use the sprite emitter on the next project but for this it took a while to match up the action to the decal.

Converted the mov to TGA sequence files.

loaded sequence file into AM

then loaded a rotoscope of the writing being drawn out

then loaded a model of paper and overalyed the rotoscope

then attached decal of the same sequence as rotoscope to paper model

matched heighth and width to the rotoscope to decal (no easy task in chor!)

added transperency to model

put the rotoscope in motion and animated to the rotoscope

turned off transperency

rendered file.

Process took awhile but happy with results. I have tried to turn off and on the tga in am by key framing but no results. I have sent an AM report to see if there is a problem in v13 b

Here is a screen shot.

Like I said I will look into the emitter next time but director wanted to match the writing of mov that was created.

todo0119.jpg

I finally figured out how to do this. I will use the sprite emitter on the next project but for this it took a while to match up the action to the decal.

Converted the mov to TGA sequence files.

loaded sequence file into AM

then loaded a rotoscope of the writing being drawn out

then loaded a model of paper and overalyed the rotoscope

then attached decal of the same sequence as rotoscope to paper model

matched heighth and width to the rotoscope to decal (no easy task in chor!)

added transperency to model

put the rotoscope in motion and animated to the rotoscope

turned off transperency

rendered file.

Process took awhile but happy with results. I have tried to turn off and on the tga in am by key framing but no results. I have sent an AM report to see if there is a problem in v13 b

Here is a screen shot.

Like I said I will look into the emitter next time but director wanted to match the writing of mov that was created.

Shelton,

Glad you got it to work.

The on-off issue is supposed to be resolved in V13.0c ( I had turned in a report on it too).

David