Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

surface anomaly

cribbidaj

I have created a model containing various groups with surface attributes assigned. When I choose the name of the model itself in the project workspace, various surface attributes are assigned in it's properties as well. When I right-click on the surface property (or properties) of the model, only "new relationship" and "properties" appear in the drop-down box. How can I set the model's surface to "not set" and preferably (but not necessarily) leave the groups' surface attributes intact?

Thanks,

Chris

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Make a group of cps and then you can change the surface settings in the properties of that. They'll over write the settings in the model name properties.

Those are there to make it easier to see the model in the model window.

How can I set the model's surface to "not set" and preferably (but not necessarily) leave the groups' surface attributes intact?

This can't be done.

Niels.

ps.

Copy the .mdl file and remove CP-groups surface attributes is probably the unwanted option.

ps2.

If you have used only 'normal' surface attribs, maybe making one simple-material-surface will override, select all group and assign material, hope this works.

[EDIT] If only 'standard' surface atrribs are used, adding a 'proxy-material' to all groups, will give a set/unset option, doing this with the proxy-material.

Make a group of cps and then you can change the surface settings in the properties of that. They'll over write the settings in the model name properties.

Those are there to make it easier to see the model in the model window.

Thanks, Ken. As I stated, I do have groups that have surface properties assigned. To my knowledge, this particular model is the only one I've created that has surface properties assigned to the whole model, and I have no idea how they got that way. As long as this doesn't affect the render times, etc., I guess it's not important. I just wondered if anyone knew how this happened. Am I mistaken - do all models have surface attirbutes assigned?

- Chris