sprockets Live Answer Time Demo Tinkering Gnome's Sparkler PRJ Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Newbie to AM

MrMylesG

I have looked through every reference I can on the documentation for adding lights to a scene but I have not found how to do it. Everything I have found describes properties, luminence, etc but not how to add. Anyone here point me in the right direction?

I know three lights are added to a new scene but I want to add more. Thanks a million!

MrM

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

Myles (You might be careful with the name Mr. M around here... it'll cause flashbacks for some people!) :P

The easiest way to add a new light is to drag and drop a light from your Project Workspace (PWS) into your Choregraphy window.

Having said that there are other ways as well.

Creating lights (the primary way) you probably already know. Right click on [Objects] in the PWS and select [New][Light].

Additional information (Model Lights).

You can also create lights in a model window where the light is treated (for purposes of this example) as a Bone. Going into Bones Mode in a Modeling window will be required to move your light around.

Here is the 'official' word on lights for the Tech Reference:

Information on Lights

from the v12 Technical Reference.

In the Project Workspace (PWS) you can click a light in the model folder drag it over the choreography icon and drop it there. This will add a new instance of the light you selected to the scene and you just need to position and orient it to suit your project. You can also create a new light in the objects folder and dropt the new one the same way.

Edit: Can't beat Rodney :) .

Myles (You might be careful with the name Mr. M around here... it'll cause flashbacks for some people!) :P

The easiest way to add a new light is to drag and drop a light from your Project Workspace (PWS) into your Choregraphy window.

Having said that there are other ways as well.

Creating lights (the primary way) you probably already know. Right click on [Objects] in the PWS and select [New][Light].

Additional information (Model Lights).

You can also create lights in a model window where the light is treated (for purposes of this example) as a Bone. Going into Bones Mode in a Modeling window will be required to move your light around.

Here is the 'official' word on lights for the Tech Reference:

Information on Lights

from the v12 Technical Reference.

Okay, I didn't know. How about if I use my other handle. "Zaika's Hubby"? I am married to a marvelous Russian lady!