sprockets Live Answer Time Home Page Featured Free Models spotlight Rigged Spider Tinkering Gnome's Workshop
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

5 point patches, side by side

bill0287

How come sometimes when I want to create a five point patch, the interface won't allow it? Can you not have two five point patches touching each other? (sharing a commone spline segment).

I got it to work...does the order that you select the points make a difference?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

How come sometimes when I want to create a five point patch, the interface won't allow it? Can you not have two five point patches touching each other? (sharing a commone spline segment).

I got it to work...does the order that you select the points make a difference?

Hello bill0287, :)

Click your 5 points, if the "make-five-point-patch"it is not highlighted already, hit the '.' (dot) key twice, if it is still not there, hit 'h' to hide the other points, then hit 'CTRL+a', if it is still not there, go to a different view angle and re-select points.

Niels.

ps. I click on the spline-direction near the CP I want to select, this 'should' give more luck attempting a good selection the first time.

ps2. I still wait for a reaction from a hash-programmer to demystify the five-point-selection... Ergo how does the routine 'look' or 'wait', before accepting....

ps3. Two five-point-patches next to each other, won't work, and should not be used if so.