sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Blending actions with keyframes

SplineSoup

Hello everyone!

I'm really excited to be finally getting a taste of what Animation Master can do. After learning all the industry standard programs at school and bemoaning that I could not afford to legally own any of them, I'm finding a promising home here to continue my passion for animation with far fewer obstructions and more intuition than say, Maya. That said, I have actually hit a bump that you might be able to help me with.

I am doing the A:M tutorials, naturally, and thought it would be logical to preface "The Door is Stuck" (exercise 6) with a walk cycle like I did in the previous exercise. Cool. Shaggy walks up to the door, nonchalantly to set the stage for his little adventure. So how would I blend this preliminary action with the animation to come? Essentially, the first half is animating a cyclical action along a path when he approaches the door. Then once the path animation reaches its end and shaggy freezes in his walk, how does one begin keyframing in the choreography window to complete the story? I've tried doing this by keyframing Shaggy at the end of the path and adding motion in skeletal mode but whatever I tweak, be it a hand or a foot, overrides any animation *before* it on the timeline as well so that his springy walk cycle suddenly resembles Day of the Dead or something like that.

Thanks,

Chris =)

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Hash Fellow

Welcome to A:M!

Here's a thread in which joining actions (or not) was run thru the mill a few times.

http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?showt...hl=choreography

A more specific answer

http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?s=&sh...indpost&p=45032

and a picture

secondchoraction.png