Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Any suggestion how to finish this foot?

fybs

Hello.

First of all I like to thank SlipingLizard; KenH; rossk; DarkLimit; UGP; Dhar and Rodney for helping me out so far. I am getting better avoiding those folds and creases.

I have modelled the head the arm and leg. Now arrived at the foot I have another question.

Can anyone suggest how best to model the foot of this baby?

The bottom rim of the leg has 6 control points. How do I connect them with the 5 toes and the heal of the foot? The baby should have a plastic sort of look, so the toes don’t need much reality details. I thought that I might could join up some spheres as toes!?

What is in your opinion the best way of finishing the foot?

Thanx, in the hope that maybe by the end of the year, if I gained enough experience I can help others like you do now for me.

Take care,

Fybs. :rolleyes:

post-8441-1139132293_thumb.jpg

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Take a look at some of the feet on the cd. They are probably one of the more difficult body parts to model, but yours look easy enough.

You should start with the toes. Use 5 half spheres and then start joining them up from there. As you extrude back to the ankle, the splines to join up will show themsleves. Keep it low spline. You can always add more if you need to later.

6 CPs is quite an accomplishment. Low spline models are best.

What I would do is continue with the 6cps to model the foot (extrude, rotate, extrude, adjust etc..)

I personally wouldn't use spheres for the toes, I'd build one then copy and shape the rest from the first toe model.

To attach the toes is where it gets tricky because that's where you'll need some stitching.

There are two ways of stitching, you can add a spline from on cp and attach it to another cp. And you can add a spline to one cp and "hook" it to another spline so as to create a patch without adding a cp.

You're gonna use the 5 point patch button quite a bit when stitching, but it's easy to get the hang of it.

Here's a link to modeling feet that you might find useful.

http://www.colins-loft.net/CoopFeet.html