sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Bridge

Guest jandals

Guest jandals

I don't know how many renders I've made of this scene and I just noticed that the grass on the right doesn't fill the frame. Oh well, one more thing to work on.

Other things:

I think larger sprites would make the mist look better.

The blue rock she's honding should be glowing and shiney. Guess I forgot to turn Glow on.

The land in the back needs something to establish how far away it is. Like a fence or signs or something.

I need to find a solution to her hair. Now a hair material's length is driven by a BW targa but, as seen on her forehead, doesn't disappear where I expected it to. Maybe I'll put the hair material on a separate mesh underneath her head.

Materials. Something for the handrail and the "floor" they're standing on. Also the beam and pillar textures don't go together very well.

Smartskinning

It'd sure be nice to render this in v13 with Ambient Occlusion. I'm using an 8-light skylight rig. Which is still cool but AO is said to be faster.

C&C Welcome.

Rhett

post-330-1137884186_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow
The land in the back needs something to establish how far away it is. Like a fence or signs or something.

Far away land would have a much flatter horizon line. And have less saturated colors due to "aerial perspective." try "fog" for that.

I think the poses in general might be rethought. I don't have a solution right here and now, but I think the silhouettes are overlapping too much

Rhett...

I first looked at the picture and then I read your post...

well, it seems that you anticipated all possible critiques in advance!

I would agree with robcat: some fog would add a lot to the atmosphere of the picture...

Also elbows are in great need of smartskinning (and/ or fan bones which could be easier to implement)

Poses are looking good, however I feel that character in front should have his left leg higher in the air to ballance better. Maybe you should try to make the poses more extreme, so that they would give stronger statement (I hope that this makes sense)

Drvarceto

Guest jandals

Thanks for the comments guys.

Maybe you should try to make the poses more extreme

I think you're right. I kept trying to make the guy in front "stretch" more by reaching vertically but it looks more extreme to have him reach horizontally.

Also elbows are in great need of smartskinning

Yeah, lots of that to do. Somehow her forearm ended up looking like a 2X4...

Far away land would have a much flatter horizon line. And have less saturated colors

I gave little thought to what would be in the background but I ended up thinking there was no way to tell whether the end of the land was 100 miles away or 100 yards. I put a section of fence down hoping that viewers would cue off of it's size but it's a pretty weak connection since most of it is covered up.

I did de-saturate the lower horizon color; that was simpler than implementing fog and leaves the upper colors saturated for more of a hazy look.

I put DOF on, too but even with 25 passes I don't think it looks right.

The characters are also spaced out a little more.

Thanks again for commenting,

Rhett

post-330-1139612757_thumb.jpg