Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Couple of simple questions about

Eric2575

Although I'm not exactly a new user, I think these questions fit in here nicely.

1. When a cp is selected and the turn manipulator is used in conjunction with the Ctrl key, the rotation is constrained to the vertical (I think it's the vertical). Is there another key to constrain a turn in the horizontal?

2. Is it possible to make and apply a cookie cut decal to a single patch, where the decal is smaller than the circumference of the patch, without making the edges that are outside the decal disappear? So far I have been unable to do that, but it may be the way I am making the decal with alpha and all. So far, when I apply a decal like that, say just a simple square decal with a black filled circle in it for the cookie cut, the area not covered by the decal disappears. The area where the decal is applied has the color of the patch visible and a hole where it's supposed to be from the cookie cut.

cookie_question.jpg

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1. What are trying to rotate? The view or the cp? You can constrain cp transformation by using the 1, 2, and 3 keys...which correspond to the X, Y and Z axes.

2. What about extending the canvas of the image you're using as a cookie cut? So that the white area (when rendered) continues to the edges of the patch.

Top o' the morn to you Ken.

I know about the cp constraints - 1,2,3,4

When you select a cp, hit "T" and then hold down the shift key, you'll see that the turn is constrained to one axis. I want to constrain it to the other axis. If you haven't used the shift key while turning, give it a try. It's easier to do than to explain.

The canvas stretch would work for the simple patch, but I just want to know if it's possible. I want to know if I was sleeping when that was covered in Cookie-Cut 101.

Ah I see what you mean...

1. It looks like holding down Control only rotates the view round it's own pivot point...kind of like the x axis of the "camera". Not holding down control takes care of the other axes. I couldn't find a key to constraint to those.

2. Actually, a cookie cut is supposed to cut out everything not decalled. So, it's working alright. Maybe you need a transparency map?

I got some strange result using transparency. It looked like it was working because I could see what I thought was the background, but when I placed a model behind the patch, the model was not visible. I need to play around with that.

A constraint on the other axis shure would be nice, especially for tweaking cps. Gonna make a request.

Hey Sandgroper, you're in Aussie land, right? Keep up the work on your toy in the garage. I have a '73' 240Z that I've been meaning to work on for 5 years now :lol: