Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Commercial

ddustin

Here is a short clip that will be distributed to Lawyers in the Atlanta area soon.

There is an associate of mine who is marketing a product that targets the legal community.

The media he included in the demo contains a lot of our work.

All the animation was created using AM.

The green screen work was done in a different package.

The old fat guy wearing the blue shirt is me (either that or our names are exactly the same).

Dustin Productions Promo

David

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the compliments.

The green screen work was done with a pretty high end software called Ultra 2, by Serious Magic (hope I can mention it by name).

It works the best out of the chroma keying software I've tried.

David

The animation work looks great, and yes, sweet job on the green screen. You've got a nice looking video there... a couple of suggestions:

-tuck your mic cable under your shirt next time. Just run it underneath and out the front, clipping the mic some where in the v on the front of the shirt.

You speak well. You seem relaxed and confindent, easy to understand. Add a little background music though, just to keep the energy up.

Is the part we see just the opening to a larger demo?

Looks nice though. What format did you shoot you stand up in?

Hey David,

I just noticed your signature wishing you could render smoke with your render farm. I've just discovered that sprites are now able to be rendered effectively via netrender.

WooHOOO! Thats a win for everyone.

:)

The animation work looks great, and yes, sweet job on the green screen. You've got a nice looking video there... a couple of suggestions:

-tuck your mic cable under your shirt next time. Just run it underneath and out the front, clipping the mic some where in the v on the front of the shirt.

You speak well. You seem relaxed and confindent, easy to understand. Add a little background music though, just to keep the energy up.

Is the part we see just the opening to a larger demo?

Looks nice though. What format did you shoot you stand up in?

Mic... Next time

Relaxed and confident.... must be those years in the band(s) Music probably not for this venue.

The demo is part of something called Webdisk my friend is marketing, so my part was short.

I have a very large green screen, stand in front of it and use something called DV rack to dial it in.

David

Where do you get the newton physics plug-in???

I had a link to it at one point, don't know it now though.

Thanks!

Here is the link http://www.sgross.com/plugins/index.html you may have to dig for the English page.

David

Hey David,

I just noticed your signature wishing you could render smoke with your render farm. I've just discovered that sprites are now able to be rendered effectively via netrender.

WooHOOO! Thats a win for everyone.

:)

Shaun,

I've been rendering it out and recombining it in After Effects.

Perhaps, I'll try a render with it in NR again.

David

Why not music for this venue? Ok, you say that at the begining that if someone can dream it up, you can make it, so I'm taking it that you're trying to move out of just the accident re-creation stuff and take on a broader scope of projects? Why don't you check out this link, its for Meteor Inc, and see how they put together their demo for 3D work:

http://www.alias.com/glb/eng/community/mov...?itemId=2400013

You have to click on the Quicktime Logo in the movie window to get the movie to play.

When you watch it, notice how there is a really great soundtrack throughout that really keeps the energy of the piece up. Great video is always good, but just because you're making a coporate demonstration piece doesn't mean you should avoid adding a good sound track to keep things dull.

This video is going to be the first impression that potential clients will have about your company and your work. In my opinion, this is most crucial moment to take care of those little details and put your best foot forward.

Why not music for this venue? Ok, you say that at the begining that if someone can dream it up, you can make it, so I'm taking it that you're trying to move out of just the accident re-creation stuff and take on a broader scope of projects? Why don't you check out this link, its for Meteor Inc, and see how they put together their demo for 3D work:

http://www.alias.com/glb/eng/community/mov...?itemId=2400013

You have to click on the Quicktime Logo in the movie window to get the movie to play.

When you watch it, notice how there is a really great soundtrack throughout that really keeps the energy of the piece up. Great video is always good, but just because you're making a coporate demonstration piece doesn't mean you should avoid adding a good sound track to keep things dull.

This video is going to be the first impression that potential clients will have about your company and your work. In my opinion, this is most crucial moment to take care of those little details and put your best foot forward.

Mr. Lizard,

Thanks for the pointers. I loved the alias clip, makes me want to go buy maya.

I'm not going in a new direction with this video, just a brief intro as to who I am and what I can do for the lawyers (target audience). I agree music would keep things up, but the entire demo is fact based, with no music in it. It's a demo of a settlement package, (one lawyer will send to another with settlement requirements).

Thanks again.

David

Ahh, ok, that makes sense. Yeah, no need for music in something like that, and no need to worry about the mic cable either. I thought the video was meant to be a "calling card" type piece. My mistake.

Yeah, isn't the Meteor video nice? They actually had people trying to find out where they got the soundtrack. I'm sure its just some royalty free music, but wow, it just makes the whole piece. I started with Maya, and then at NAB I saw the demonstration of Animation Master, and decided to give it a go. Strangely enough, I haven't been as productive with my 3D work since moving away from Maya, and yet I like AM more. However, the models I've made with AM are more refined and were easier to produce than what it would have been required in Maya. Maya is much more oriented to a multi-person work flow, but its still a pretty cool program.

By the way, my name is Cal Johnson. I didn't realize the long term ramifications of using my normal "Slipin Lizard" intenet handle when I joined the Hash community.

:blink:

Ahh, ok, that makes sense. Yeah, no need for music in something like that, and no need to worry about the mic cable either. I thought the video was meant to be a "calling card" type piece. My mistake.

Yeah, isn't the Meteor video nice? They actually had people trying to find out where they got the soundtrack. I'm sure its just some royalty free music, but wow, it just makes the whole piece. I started with Maya, and then at NAB I saw the demonstration of Animation Master, and decided to give it a go. Strangely enough, I haven't been as productive with my 3D work since moving away from Maya, and yet I like AM more. However, the models I've made with AM are more refined and were easier to produce than what it would have been required in Maya. Maya is much more oriented to a multi-person work flow, but its still a pretty cool program.

By the way, my name is Cal Johnson. I didn't realize the long term ramifications of using my normal "Slipin Lizard" intenet handle when I joined the Hash community.

:blink:

Cal,

Actually I think I miss-labeled the title.

I was thinking of going to NAB this year to check out other Software to add to my arsenal.

Most of my modeling in mechanical in nature, very little organic, so I was thinking of buying Max or Maya.

It'll be a big step, and a long learning curve, but probably time for it.

David

P.S. Obviously I knew your name wasn't Mr. Lizard but it was fun to assume.